Create an Interim Chatroom
Multi-user chat, sometimes called groupchat, is easy to do on e2e.ee.
A chatrooms is identified by an XMPP ID (JID) such as email@example.com. The correct domain for e2e.ee chatrooms is e2e.chat.
There are four primary settings you should understand when creating and administering your chatrooms.
When you create a chatroom on e2e.chat, it will be public, hidden, interim, and not archived. The first two of these settings can be changed by the chatroom owner.
Primary Chatroom default settings on e2e.chat:
- Public - no password needed for others to enter your chatroom. You can change this.
- Hidden - your chatroom will not be discoverable by others. You can change this.
- Interim - your chatroom will be destroyed when the last participant disconnects. If you want a persistent chatroom, you can request one from the Account Management Page.
- Not Archived - the messages of interim chatrooms are not stored on disk.
Topics covered on this page:
- XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat
A Chatroom is more interesting with a profile
Basic Chatroom Administration
Discover and Enter Chatrooms on Servers around the world
Bookmarks make it easy to find and enter chatrooms
Submitting blocks of text into a chatroom.